Solid timber patio decking with protective treatment.
Naturally durable timber, class 3, except for the sapwood.
The NATURAL patio line is available in 2 species to enhance classic or modern homes.
INSTALLATION TIPS: For all timber decking installations, please refer to DTU 51.4
– Before installing, store the patio decking in a dry place and sheltered from bad weather, make sure it is raised to avoid contact with the ground.
– The under-decking and sleepers must be of a suitable durability class and their layout must allow sufficient air circulation under the decking.
– In order to avoid rising damp, the sleepers must have a protective strip.
– Fix the decking methodically in rows, moving from one side of the patio to the other, row after row.
– Keep a gap of 5 mm between the edges of the slats, and 1-2 mm at each end.
If there is sapwood, protective treatment is required. Douglas timber heartwood is naturally durable, but must nevertheless be protected from contact with water using a finish to prevent surface mould from growing.